Taiwanese company ASUS started its career with the launch of motherboards and after 8 years it released its first laptop. This technology is distinguished by its good looks and good quality for the price. When it came to options, ASUS successfully competed with rival Acer.
The differences between ASUS laptops – depending on the tasks they are designed for – are significant, and this applies to case materials, layout, and, of course, price. The brand offers models for study, home, work, creativity, and games.
ASUS Laptop 15
- Affordable station wagon
- One of the most affordable ASUS laptops for those who don’t need powerful hardware.
- 15.6″ TN LED (1366×768)
- Intel Core i3-10110U
- Intel UHD Graphics
- 4 GB
- 256 GB
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.2, TX-USBY, HDXMI-Jack, Micros D,
- Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi,
- Windows 10 Home
Almost all branded devices that don’t belong to any line (like our hero) are made in every respect. This laptop is perfect for beginners and seniors or elementary and middle school students.
The laptop comes pre-installed with an easy-to-use home operating system, and the battery charge is sufficient for hours of use.
- Cheap price
- Stylish appearance
- Performance is adequate.
- Large harbor park
- Low screen resolution
This model has other configurations with Pentium or Core i5 processors, and prices vary by packaging. We consider Core i3-based laptops to be the most suitable and suitable for most average users.
ASUS VivoBook 15 OLED
- For outdoor activities
- These are currently the cheapest laptops with an OLED screen, and will surely appeal to fans of games and movies, as well as those working with multimedia content.
- 15.6″ OLED (1920 x 1080)
- AMD Ryzen 5-5500U
- AMD Radeon Graphics
- 8 GB
- 512 GB
- 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB C, USB 3.2, USB 3.2 Combo Mini Jack, MicroSD
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi
The Vivobook series is gaining popularity and becoming the most sought-after in the mid-price segment. The Youth Laptop is available in three colors: Black, Silver, and Peach.
The biggest advantage of this model is the screen; so far, only OLED display technology has been used in premium technology. It now appears in the mid-budget segment. In addition, the Vivo screen has 70% less blue radiation that is harmful to the eyes. Color reproduction is as close to the original as possible: black is as black as possible. The screen accurately reproduces ringtones at any brightness setting.
The comfortable working keyboard has a separate numeric keypad and a nice white backlight. A small plus is the yellow backlight of the Enter key. You can take your laptop with you on trips – the battery will last several hours.
- OLED screen
- Backlit keyboard
- Different types of ports.
- Price and performance ratio
- There may be a problem installing the operating system and drivers.
- Poor cooling system
- In terms of functionality, the Vivobook is ideal for working with graphics and video – including connecting several additional monitors. However, long-term work with demanding applications can be painful. The existing cooling system is not sufficient to dissipate the excess heat.
ASUS TUF Gaming F15FX
- For starters
- A series of gaming laptops from manufacturer ASUS, the TUF series is a perfect solution for creativity and gaming. In graphics applications like AutoCAD or Blender, laptops fly.
- 15.6″ IPS (1920×1080)
- Intel Core i5-11400H
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 + Intel UHD Graphics
- 3x, USB1x mini, USB12-MIK-3x, USB,
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi
- Windows 10 Pro (Optional)
For a gaming laptop, the TUF looks simple: there are no unusual cutouts or aggressive design elements on the chassis. Unless the cooling grill is honey and the series name occupies half of the cover.
The keyboard looks a little unusual: the arrow and space bar are separated from the general line at the bottom. There’s a number pad and no extra keys other than Esc, which is definitely a plus. All WASD keys are backlit. The rest of the keyboard brightness can be adjusted.
While gaming, the laptop never overheats and performs daily tasks 5-9 times faster than the average competitor. But to create a powerful gaming rig at an affordable price, ASUS stripped everything, including the chassis materials. By choosing to use plastic instead of brushed aluminum
- Average price
- Additional memory slots
- The screen frequency is 144 Hz.
- A hybrid solution with two graphics cards
- Noisy post
- You need the drivers on the SSD when installing the OS.
- This model has several configurations with different levels of processors: from Core i5 to the recently released Core i9. Graphics cards aren’t much different: GeForce RTX 3050 is installed almost everywhere, and OZ offers options from 8 to 16GB.
- If you want to install a hard drive, you should choose a model with a 48Wh battery – in this case, the hard drive can be placed in the case.
ASUS Zenbook Pro 15 OLED
- For an amateur
- A powerful and stylish ultrabook for those who are used to creating something in every minute of their life. Despite being quite powerful, this laptop is not good for gaming.
- 15.6″ OLED (1920×1080) Touch Screen
- AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti + AMD Radeon Graphics
- 1TB, USBy1-TBX, USB2-mini
- Jack Combo
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi
- Windows 11 Home
Ultrabooks are aimed at young, active people who travel a lot. It is mainly preferred for watching movies or working with photos/videos.
Zen’s hallmark is the amazing screen quality: colors are as natural as possible. The impact of the blue spectrum on the eyes is minimized, and the OLED touchscreen shows the difference perfectly. And it also lets you use Zen as a tablet.
The lid of the Ultrabook opens to be used as a stand. Work will be more comfortable and heat consumption will be more efficient.
- Appropriate form factor
- Touch screen
- Large capacity battery
- Great potential
- High screen power consumption
The series is rated as the most universal, i.e. for all. There are models with detachable keyboards, foldable screens, and 360-degree hinges. The body of the ZenBook is made of brushed aluminum in classic black. The keyboard is made of plastic.
5. ASUS VivoBook Pro 16 OLED
This is a good laptop with a relatively compact size that is suitable for creative professionals. An eight-core Ryzen 7 processor is responsible for power and performance.
RAM DDR4, with a volume of 16 GB, you can work with documents, text, and graphics files. Watch movies and browse social networks at the same time. The solid-state drive offers up to 1TB of storage, allowing users to store a large amount of music and other files.
The screen has a high resolution that allows you to watch videos in high detail. The keyboard is backlit for better typing at night. A touchpad allows you to work without a mouse. The integrated fingerprint scanner keeps data confidential and protects it from unauthorized access.
- 16 -16.9;
- 3840 x 2400;
- 16 GB;
- AMD Ryzen 7;
- bright OLED display;
- Lightweight and compact in its class.
- Large and functional touchpad
- There is no USB Type-C.